Hair Clippers are one of the most commonly used appliances in the home. Whether you’re clipping your own hair or clipping someone else’s, it’s important to have them sharpened on a regular basis. Follow these simple steps to keep your clippers in good condition and razor-sharp:
What is Clipper Sharpener?
A Clipper sharpener is a small, handheld device that you use to sharpen your hair clippers. It is important to keep your clippers sharp because dull blades can cause you a lot of frustration when trying to cut your hair.
There are a couple of different types of clipper sharpeners on the market, but the most common type is a manual sharpener. You use this type of sharpener by holding it against the blade of your clipper and grinding it against the teeth. Manual sharpeners can be a bit tricky to use, but they are definitely worth investing in if you have a lot of hair to cut.
Another type of clipper sharpener is an electric sharpener. These sharpeners come with built-in motors that help sharpen the blade quickly and easily. Electric sharpeners are great for people who travel often or have a lot of hair to cut. They’re also great for people who don’t want to deal with the hassle of using a manual sharpener.
The best way to determine if you need a clipper sharpener is to examine your current blade. If it is noticeably dull, then it is time for you to invest in a sharpener.
How to Sharpen Hair Clippers
Do you have dull hair clippers? Are you looking for an easy way to sharpen them? Here is a quick and easy method to do just that.
Materials you will need: Hair Clippers, Steel Rod or Wire Brush, Bottle of Oil
1. Take your hair clippers and remove the blade from the housing. If it has a small blade, be sure to remove it before proceeding.
2. Hold the hair clipper in your left hand with the blade facing down and the housing facing up. If it has a large blade, hold the hair clipper in your right hand with the blade facing down and the housing facing up.
3. Place the steel rod or wire brush in between the blade and housing at an angle so that it touches both sides of the blade (or brush). Make sure that the bristles are pointing down. This will help sharpen the blade evenly. Be careful not to touch the bristle tips to the metal because this could cause SERIOUS damage!
4. Apply pressure to the steel rod or brush with your left hand while keeping your right hand free to move the housing around if needed. Use gentle circular motions to sharpen the blade. Be sure to evenly sharpen all the way around.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the hair clipper blade is sharpened to your desired level.
6. Apply a small amount of oil to the tips of your hair clippers before using them to avoid corrosion and possible damage to the blade.
Tips for better hair clipping
If you’re like many women, you probably use hair clippers pretty frequently. But even if you take care of your clippers, they can still get dull over time. In this article, we’ll tell you how to sharpen hair clippers so that they work like new again.
The first step is to remove any built-up gunk and dirt from the blades. This can be done by running the clippers through your hair a few times with the blades closed, then using a clean brush to get the debris off. If the blades are really dirty, you can also try using a sharpening stone or diamond sharpener.
Once the blades are clean, it’s time to sharpen them. To do this, place the blade on a sturdy surface like granite or wood and hold it at an angle so that the edge is facing downwards. Sharpen each side of the blade equally using a coarse grit stone or file until the blade is sharp enough to cut paper easily. (For safety reasons, always use caution when sharpening any knife or blade.)
Finally, dry the blade off completely before storing it away. This will help prevent rusting and ensure that your clippers are always ready for use.
What to Do if the Clippers Don’t Sharpen Hair Properly
If you’re like most people, you invest in quality hair clippers that promise to give you salon-quality results. But what happens if you find out your clippers don’t sharpen themselves properly? Here are a few tips to help you get the best results from your hair clippers:
1. Don’t Over Sharpen Your Clippers: Over-sharpening your clippers can actually cause them to break. Your goal should be to sharpen them to a razor-sharp edge, but if it feels too difficult, go a little bit harder until it does.
2. Get Them Cleaned and Lubricated: If your hair clippers aren’t cleaning themselves properly, they’ll also be less likely to sharpen properly. To clean them, fill up a bowl with warm water and a drop of dish soap. Swish the clippers around in the water for about 20 seconds, then rinse off with cold water. To lubricate them, add a few drops of oil (lubriderm is popular) to the included oil bottle and swish around to coat the blades.
3. Keep Your Clippers Sharpened on a Regular Basis: Finally, be sure to keep your hair clippers sharpened on a regular basis. Dull blades will not sharpen properly, and can even damage your hair. If your clippers seem to be getting dull quickly, it might be time for a new set.
If you’re like most people, you use your hair clippers quite a bit. But did you know that they can get dull over time? This article will teach you how to sharpen your hair clippers so that they are in peak condition for when you need them. By following these simple steps, you will be able to keep your Clippers working like new and save yourself time and money in the long run.